Smart devices are taking over! Get used to it. What are doing about it? How are you taking advantage of it?
Comscore, a leader in measuring the digital world, just released a mobile usage study stating that 7% of all U.S digital traffic is now coming from smart phones and tablets. This is just an amazing transformation for connecting with your customers.
With this information, we need to ask ourselves What is driving this growth?
- Increased WiFi availability
- ½ of the U.S. mobile population uses mobile media (Defined as those that browse the mobile web, access applications or download content)
- iPads dominate among tablets in driving digital traffic – iPads delivered 97.2% of tablet traffic. WOW!
- 50% of users made a purchase on their tablets
- Tablets are social devices
Consumers use their mobile devices to find local deals. Mobile consumers are willing to share their location in exchange for real-time offers. 66% are willing to share their information in exchange for coupons, 55% for loyalty rewards and 37% for exclusive sales.
If you want to reach your customers and prospects in the future, mobile will be critical to your success.
Tell us in comments what you’re currently doing (or plan to do) to leverage the amount of people relying on mobile devices for information and to just get them through day to day life.